The High Atlas mountain range spreads in the South of Marrakech.
The small green road in the beautiful Ourika valley enters this mountain landscape, winding along the oued, with many Berber villages scattered on the hillside in the middle of orchards. The road climbs up to Setti Fatma, which lies at an altitude of 1,500 meters. This village is the starting point of hikes to the seven waterfalls via a small wooded trail.
There are possible stops by the Saffron Paradise, a wonderful garden with a variety of aromatic plants, fruit trees as well as a big saffron plantation, or by the Ourika bio-aromatic garden. You will visit the Berber ecomuseum, which features a restored traditional habitation with its daily objects. You will eat a tagine in one of the numerous restaurants alongside the oued.
One hour away from Marrakech, this is an enjoyable and exotic excursion at the heart of the culture of the people living in the Atlas region.
All year round
25€ per person on the basis of 3 people
Number of people
From 3 to 8 people
– Discovery of the Berber way of life
– Authentic tagine beside the river
– Easy stroll to the waterfalls
– Saffron Paradise or Bio-aromatic garden visit
– Continuation of the journey towards Setti Fatma
– Hike to the waterfalls, depending on the physical abilities
– Free time for lunch on the edge of water
– Return at 3:30pm
– Berber ecomuseum visit
– Arrival in Marrakech at 6pm
– Fresh water on demand
– Tickets for monuments and other visits
– Your purchases
– Mountain guide if desired