Berber immersion in Tamnougalt (4 days)
Living an experience in immersion in a Berber village of the South of Morocco in order to really change your habits by discovering and sharing with simple people, where is what we offer in this trip.
Established in the middle of the 16th century in the Draa valley, on the road followed by caravans between Marrakech and Timbuktu, close to the town of Agdz and at about 95 kilometers from the South of Ouarzazate, Tamnougalt is one the oldest ksour (fortified villages) still standing. It offers a spectacular scenery with its rammed earth architecture, its two kasbahs and its former Jewish quarter. The village, located in the middle of a wonderful palm grove, is overlooked by the Jebel Kissane.
Here are ideas of a schedule that you will determine according to your wishes with your guide : visit of the village at your pace, simple activities based on the discovery of traditions or of the natural environment with bike or donkey rides, strolls in the palm grove with its date, pomegranate and henna-growing areas, preparation of bread in a wood-fired oven, pottery or even savoring a meal cooked during a short hike.
You can even opt for a longer trip if you want.
4 days/3 nights
Recommended from October to May
395€ per person on the basis of 3 people for 4 days/3 nights
98€ per person per additional day
Number of people
From 3 to 8 people
– Proximity with nature
– Warm contacts with the inhabitants
Day 1 :
– Departure from Marrakech at 10am. Lunch on the way
– Arrival in Tamnougalt in the evening
– Arrival for the stay in a riad or a typical hotel
Day 2 :
– Visit of the village : the two kasbahs
– Stroll in the palm grove
Day 3 :
– In the morning, pottery or preparation and baking of bread in a wood fire
– In the afternoon, bike ride in the surroundings or donkey ride in the palm grove or even hike on the Jebel Kissane or to the Tizgui waterfalls
Jour 4 :
– Return to Marrakech, arrival at 7pm
– 3 dinners
– 3 nights in a riad or typical hotel (breakfast included)
– Fresh water on demand during the outward and return journeys
– Your purchases
– Additional or upgraded room